Blog Circle : Be a Dreamer

Monday, January 28, 2013
Time for another Blog Circle with my friends from Light Inspired!  This months theme is "Be a Dreamer."

On the LI forum, a number of the ladies have been getting into film lately.  I would look at their photo posts and totally drool over them - the tones, the grain, the light, just the whole filmy, dreamy goodness.  I started looking for information about film cameras and one day I posted a question about camera models and next thing I know, my friend Jessica was telling me that she had a film camera that I could have if I just sent her my mailing address!  I was blown away by the kindness of someone who had never even met me in real life!
So she sent me her old camera, which works with my current lenses, so I just had to order some film and I was all set up!  For the past month, I've been experimenting with shooting film, and testing my patience waiting for my film scans to make their way back to me - and then saving them for this post!

So I am proud to present my first film share!


Just look at that light! So beautiful!

Oh yeah, I should also mention that these were taken on Christmas day!  That's right, we had snow on Christmas Day - probably the only time this year we'll get any at all!


Don't forget to follow the circle around - next up is the wonderful Dee Sisk!



P.S. Did you notice the new coat of paint on my blog? Yay for updated sites and fun color schemes!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first one! Well done!

Dee said...

Love these Megan! I really want to get more into film this year. I picked up a film camera and a few lenses for $20 but haven't really played with it much. Gonna have to change that! :)

Sally said...

Beautiful pictures Megan!

Suri said...

very nice.

abauescott said...

I love the paw prints sos much fun!

Kellie said...

Great first ones! I need to use my little toy cameras more

Jennifer said...

Megan your film work is beautiful, yo uhave such a great idea for details.

Post a Comment

Bio

Hi, I'm Megan.

I got a film point and shoot camera for my twelth birthday, and I've been in love with freezing time via photography ever since. I took several photography classes in high school and college, and finally purchased my first DSLR in March 2012. Now I am on a journey, learning everythng I can about this adventure called photography. There is so much to learn! Thank you for caring enough to follow along with my journey!