Days 63-69

Sunday, September 30, 2012

It was such a rainy, dreary week. It was hard to take pictures because the rain makes me want to do nothing but lay in my bed and watch netflix. But I prevailed and I got some good shots this week! I also did a lot of photography reading and research and a few lightbulb moments!

Tomorrow begins my crazy month of October – I go back to work and I have plans to be travelling every single weekend. It’s going to be nuts, so I can’t promise anything as far as posting photos, especially to the blog. Chances are better for posting to facebook, so if you don’t already follow my photography there, please do!

 Day 63:  I took my tripod and remote out to the backyard to try a self portrait.  Harder than I thought it would be!
 Day 64:  For some reason, I always find the shower to be one of the most inspiring places.  Something about it, I always get really good ideas! :)  I noticed how cool my "loofah" is, and after I got out of the shower, I came back with camera and got some pretty neat shots. 
Day 65: Bella is such a scaredy cat!  I don't even know what she was scared of, probably a bug, but she was hiding under my chair.  Silly kitty!
 Day 66:  Rain.  Can't wait until I get my macro lens so I can get proper shots like this.  
Day 67:  Raindrops on roses.
 Day 68: Raindrops on car windows.
Day 69:  Leaves in puddles.

6 comments:

meredith said...

I agree with you about the ideas that come during a shower. Maybe because there are no other distractions?! I love all the wet and fall like feelings. Although didn't you say it wasn't fall at all? This week most definitely FEELS like fall in your images!

Megan said...

Thanks, Meredith. I don't know about fall. It's only my second October here, and no, it's not really fall yet. Most of the leaves are still green and it's still very warm (a little cooler though). I really think the fact that my images feel like fall is just that I'm looking for fall. Does that make sense?

Vicky said...

I love the rain pictures, especially the one on the leaf. And I totally though they were taken with a macro, great job! And lovely selfie, nice to 'see' you :)

Anonymous said...

Self portraits are so hard! But, you did an awesome job!

I love the picture in the shower ... so creative! And the picture of the leaves is beautiful. I feel like it really evokes a certain mood. :)

Carolyn said...

These are so great!! I really need to do a self-portrait too one of these days. I think my fave is the loofa. Great idea!!

Tiffany said...

Self-portraits are hard, you did a great job Megan! I seriously thought you had a macro lens too - I love the raindrops on roses shot.

Post a Comment

Bio

Hi, I'm Megan.

I got a film point and shoot camera for my twelth birthday, and I've been in love with freezing time via photography ever since. I took several photography classes in high school and college, and finally purchased my first DSLR in March 2012. Now I am on a journey, learning everythng I can about this adventure called photography. There is so much to learn! Thank you for caring enough to follow along with my journey!