Days 55-62

Sunday, September 23, 2012
Another week.  Nothing too exciting, as you can see from the photos.  I did get a tripod this week, but didn't get too much time to play with it.  I'm looking forward to using it for some long exposures and self portraits though!  Also, taking a picture every day is becoming less of a burden and more normal, so yay! My project seems to be working!  I'm getting my camera out every day AND becoming much more comfortable with it!



Day 55:  I made cheesy potato soup!  Actually, it was the first time I've ever made soup!  And I must say, it was pretty dang good! :)


Day 56:  The story behind this photo...  This road is the back way to school.  I don't drive the back way very often, but every time I do I always think to myself "I should really take a picture of the way the trees go over the road like that."  Well, I finally did it!  I convinced my mom to go with me; we had to park a ways down the road and walk.  She was my lookout, making sure that no cars came to run me over.  We were a bit too late and there wasn't very much light left, but I'm proud of myself for finally doing it!


Day 57:  It's starting to look like fall in our driveway!  Unfortunately, it's not because it's actually like fall (it's still in the 90s most days) but because the leaves are getting all dried up because of the drought.  I can pretend, though.  Side note - I've lived in Oklahoma for just over a year and I'm already saying what I swore I never would...  I miss fall and *gasp* even winter!  I am so ready to wear jeans and a sweatshirt and curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and some knitting...


Day 58:  You can tell I've been sick because there are cough drop wrappers all over this place!  I'm feeling much better now, though!


Day 59:  I thought I was going to be really cool and learn how to change my own oil instead of having to take it somewhere every time.  Yeah, I failed.  My dad tried to help me, but we couldn't get the stupid thing unscrewed for anything!  I felt totally lame taking it to the place... :(


Day 60:  Yeah, nothing exciting today, so here's a photo of my laundry...


There's this cool grass that has these fluffy things in it.  It's weird, but also cool.  It looks so soft!


Day 62:  I hate grasshoppers.  I think they're gross.  But this one was just sitting there waiting for me to take it's picture. I didn't have any choice.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the road shot! And the leaves on the driveway. And that grasshopper... even though it's creepy. ;)

meredith said...

Megan,

The soup, the gorgeous tree-covered road and the leaves on your driveway stir up so many fantastic memories of summer turning into fall. I miss that season something fierce. Thank you for bringing it to me here!

Jennifer B said...

I love the road! Very dark and moody. And I really like your grasshopper.

Vicky said...

That road shot really looks like England! Also your soup sounds delicious! :)

MissTee said...

These are great! I love the light in the first image of the vegetables! I think it would be cool if you photographed the trees on that path during different seasons just to see the changes!
You are making me wanna do a 365!!!

Farm Girl in MD said...

These are great!! I love the road shot!

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures this week Megan! Love that tree lined road - awesome job getting out of the car to finally get the shot! There are so many areas near me that I keep wishing I had the you-know-whats to pull the car over and shoot. Perhaps next time I'm driving past one of those spots I'll think of you and be inspired to actually stop!

Unknown said...

That is a cool road! I like how you capture the everyday. Awesome!

Jay Smith said...

Great pictures! I love the arching trees in the one from the back way to school, I think that ALL THE TIME, I'll see something that would make a great picture, but keep putting off stopping and actually taking it--well done going back to get the shot you wanted!

Bree H said...

You do such a great job capturing your everyday, Megan...very creative! And you are a rockstar for getting out and snagging a pic of that awesome road!! I've had my eye on a tree for a year now and have never taken the time to stop...you've inspired me to do it! :)

Carolyn said...

I hope you feel better! I am OBSESSED with soup, and once it gets colder (in CA) I'm making some pronto!

Unknown said...

Hi Megan!
You cracked me up a couple of times with your comments! XD
I love the road shot, and there is something about the grass shot that I really liked too, I guess the fluffiness =)

Post a Comment

Bio

Hi, I'm Megan.

I got a film point and shoot camera for my twelth birthday, and I've been in love with freezing time via photography ever since. I took several photography classes in high school and college, and finally purchased my first DSLR in March 2012. Now I am on a journey, learning everythng I can about this adventure called photography. There is so much to learn! Thank you for caring enough to follow along with my journey!